Friday, May 29, 2009

Well He is a Barr!!!! He has arrived

Brady decided this evening he could not stand being insdie any more. This afternoon Brady started really fighting inside Karissa. His heart rate remained good and no contractions. However about 6:30 Karissa felt something different. They called to doctor in to examine her. The umbilical cord had prolapsed into the cervix. Things went extrememly fast form there. They took her directly to the surgery room and did an emergency c-section.
Brady was born at 6:59pm. He came out and was immediately intibated.
Dave and I went up to the NICU and Karissa was sent to recovery.
Brady at this point is doing just what they expect him to do. He is on an osculating vent. His vitals are stable. They have had to sediate him twice already. He is a fighter.
Please continue to keep them in your prayers.
Karissa just returned to her room. They did take her to the NICU so she could see him.
He looks perfect. Just very tiny
His weight was 1 pound 14 ounces and he is 13 inches long.
Dave and I are doing our best to return texts and calls now but both of our phones are almost dead.
We will be here all night.
We will try our best to keep posting as much as possible.
I do have to say that the staff here has been awesome!!! They are greast and so informative and helpful.
Rena

4 comments:

  1. May God bless your family at this time and my family and sunday school class will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May god bless all of you me and my family are praying for little brady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delaney Olivia BarrMay 29, 2009 at 11:23 PM

    I love my baby brother. I hope you are doing good mommy. Love Delaney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better Mrs. Karissa! Brady is such a fighter. Delaney and I can't wait to see him tomorrow... hopefully. Love Shelby

    ReplyDelete