Monday, August 17, 2009

81 Days

Brady has been in the NICU for 81 days. He may be going home as early as next week. The physical therapist evaluated him at his 11 a.m. feeding and she said he was ready to go to 'ad lib feedings' or feeding on demand. He has to show them that he can handle his feedings without having heart rate drops and continue to gain weight before he will be sent home. He did ok today with it. He did have 2 heart rate drops while feeding. Sometimes he gets too anxious when taking his bottle and he chokes...all normal for preemies. He will get it:)
Tonight, after his 6 o'clock feeding, he just laid up on my chest with wide eyes looking at me for about 10 minutes...so sweet and content. He is definitely a cuddler. I can't wait to be able to cuddle him all day:)

5 comments:

  1. Kari, thank you for the late-evening posting, a very positive one on which to rest. May the newest great-nephew relax more each day and gain those required ounces. May the hospital cuddling segments lengthen ... until the gliding rocker can welcome Brady home! Peaceful dreams to the "Barr Five!"
    Love, Aunt Jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear how GREAT he is doing. I can only imagine how excited you are to get him home and love on him all day. I hope he keeps doing great each day and showing them just how strong he is! We will continue to pray for him to get stronger each day.
    All our love and prayers...April and Kennady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karissa - this post made me tear up :) I am beyond excited, and I know the kids are, too! Delaney was beside herself at dance yesterday, telling everyone that Brady was coming home soon! Love you you all - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for all of you!! Soon Brady will be home with the rest of his family. I can't imagine how excited you must be!
    I love all of you guys!! Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you! We love and miss you all so much! Hope to see you soon! xoxox
    Nani & Trey

    ReplyDelete