Monday, July 27, 2009

Lots of Mommy Time:)

Brady had a good day. He has been in the NICU for 60 days. The nurse said she thinks he will probably be there for at least another 5 to 6 weeks. There are many requirements for him before he can come home.

Today, Brady weighed 3 lbs. 5.5 oz. Only 4.5 more ounces and he can wear clothing. He is still off the oxygen cannula and doing well so far.

Dave and the kids are at the beach so I got to spend a lot more time at the hospital the past two days. Brady is getting lots of 'Mommy Time' and we are both loving it! I got to give him his bath this evening. I was scared, but once I got going I was okay. He was a good boy:) He only cried during the hair washing...again...lol! I got him all cleaned up and wrapped in the blanket and I was just about to put him down to put on a diaper and guess what...he went in the blanket! I cleaned him up again and we cuddled. It was so sweet.

We are so thankful to God for each day:)
Karissa

2 comments:

  1. Karissa...he is looking so good! My nephew stayed from Thanksgiving till March..so 4 mths for him and it looks like Brady is going to make a run for it early! Just know he is in a safe environment and you can rest for a little while longer, as excited as you are to get him out of there he is still a baby and you won't get a minutes rest when he is home...so enjoy and kiss him from all of us (even Logan..our miracle boy!)
    Angie Pearson and family (we are truly with youall)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is looking great. I will call you later in the week. Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete