Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Brady has been doing better the past couple days. The doctor did run several tests on him. His blood was checked for infection and internal inflamation, etc. These tests came back with good results. He also had a chest x-ray which was ok. These were all done yesterday. Today, I spoke with the nurse practitioner and she said the doctor has decided to give him a medicine for reflux after examining him this morning. Reflux in preemies is common and can cause apnea and desaturation of oxygen. So, we are praying this helps him and we are very thankful all his other tests results were all normal. Brady also had his 1 month cranial ultrasound and that too came back normal.
My poor baby went through so much with tests, etc. yesterday that I wasn't able to hold him. I did get to hold him today and he was wide awake the whole time. I held him and talked to him for a little over an hour...until he got the hiccups and then pooped...LOL! I got to change him...he wasn't happy while I was doing it, but went right to sleep after I was finished:)
Thank you all for continued prayers for baby Brady.
Karissa

2 comments:

  1. So great to hear all the tests came back good. Never forget that Brady is a Barr therefore, he is a strong lil' person! We will continue to pray for each of you!

    Love you, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad all of his tests came back okay and that you got to hold him today. Just try to take one day at a time. I will say a special prayer for your precious bundle of joy!
    Love, Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete