Monday, June 29, 2009

Another Rough Day

Yesterdays post ended up dated today (the one with the photos)...I guess because I posted after midnight.

Today, Brady had a rough day. He was quite pale this morning so the doctor ordered more blood for him. Brady also had several episodes of apnea today. They did put him on a different oxygen cannula called a high-flow oxygen cannula. He still was having episodes of desaturation (low oxygen in the blood) and apnea. He actually had one incident this evening while Dave and I were there and it scared me so much. The nurse kept patting him and sitting him up to try to get him to bring his heart rate back up. She did this for about a minute (which seemed like forever). I started to panic...it was very difficult. I am not understanding why he is having trouble when he was doing so well. The nurses keep telling me it is just his prematurity and I know they are the experienced ones, but I am scared. Please continue praying for our baby...we are so thankful for you all.
Karissa

6 comments:

  1. We are praying and thinking about you always. We hope Brady continues to grow and gain the strength that he needs. We understand how worried you must get, but stay strong and know that there are so many of us praying for you all. Thanks for sharing the most amazing pictures. Sharon and Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please know that we will all be praying diligently until Brady is home, and resting safely in your arms. I cannot imagine how you are feeling right now, but remember that God is bigger than we are, and we must keep faith that He is in control.
    Love to all the Barrs!
    Lauren & Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue to keep Brady in our prayers.  I can only imagine how hard this is on you guys. I know how much you wish this could all hurry and you just could be holding him in your arms at home.  Take one day at a time, and know that God is watching over him.  He is getting bigger and stronger everyday and that is what he needs right now.  Keep your faith strong and know that we all are keeping him in our prayers! much love and prayers...April and Kennady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brady is so beautiful! You all are in our prayers every day. I understand how scared you are right now. Blake was born at 28 weeks and I remember them having to recesitate him one time in front of me. I cried and it scared me to death. He looks so good and we will keep praying for you all. Love, Joey, Monica and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family and I are praying everyday for Brady and you. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you always.
    Vickey and children

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are thinking of you and praying for Brady always as he continues to get bigger and stronger! Sending love and prayers your way, Laura

    ReplyDelete