Friday, June 19, 2009

3 Weeks Old

Our precious baby Brady is 3 weeks old today and he broke the 2 pound mark!!! He weighed in at 2 lbs. .01 oz. The nurse did tell us that Brady has a small hernia in his lower abdomen. The doctors are just going to watch it for now since it is small and soft. Brady got the hernia from being so active. I started calling him 'Spiderman' because he literally tries to crawl or squirm his way out of the bed...he is all over the place. He did start to cry today while Dave and I were visiting with him so I began patting him on his bottom until he calmed down. He was looking all around and seemed soothed by the patting motion...my other two children always loved that too:) I had to where a gown and gloves in order to go in the NICU today, but I didn't care; I hadn't seen Brady since Monday. He is doing well and we pray every minute he continues to do well.
The NICU staff are still keeping a close watch over all the babies for any signs of flu symptoms as well as treating them preventatively with Tamiflu.

I was able to be discharged from the hospital today; huge surprise since yesterday they were talking "several more days". Once the antibiotic kicked in (after about 32hours), I began feeling somewhat better. As of this morning, I had gone 48 hours without a fever and was hydrated well enough that the doctors decided I could go home where I would be able to rest much better. This one is going to take a little more time for recovery. I feel wiped out...hoping to be somewhat back to normal by Monday or Tuesday???

I am so thankful to all of you for your continued prayers.

Karissa

1 comment:

  1. Give little Brady a happy birthday pat for me. Reaching the 2 lb milestone is quite an achievement and I am sure there are many more to come. So glad you got to see him and are feeling better. I have been thinking about you each and every day and can't wait to talk to you again and hear more good news!
    Love, Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete