Sunday, June 21, 2009

28 Weeks (Gestational Age)




Today, Brady is 28 weeks. He is doing better with the adjustments the doctors made. We pray he continues to respond well to the changes. I spoke with the nurse practitioner regarding the possible reasons for his breathing issues. She said it just has to do with his prematurity. As his food intake goes up, he has to exert more energy to digest it and that takes away energy from his breathing. This is what preemies go through...it makes sense, but still so worrisome.
While I was visiting him this morning, I got to change his diaper again:0) He cried the entire time I was doing it too. It reminded me of Delaney when she was a baby.
We went back to see him this evening and up to that point (Saturday night through Sunday morning) he had only 3 episodes of apnea whereas Friday night through Saturday morning, he had 13. So, he is doing better. I apologize if this is all confusing. It is difficult to explain.

Thank you all so much for continued prayers.
Karissa

3 comments:

  1. Brady looks so good in this picture. I am so glad that he is having less episodes of apnea and that they found the problem. I remember how worrisome apnea was when Blake was in NICU. It wasnt too long until he was moved into the bigger nursery though,so hang in there! You all are continually in our prayers, Joey, Monica and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that he is doing better. I know how worrisome it must be, but he is a tough little fighter and I know he will be fine. I hope Dave had a good Father's Day!
    Love, Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete