Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Karissa's test came back this morning and she has C. Diff (Clostridium difficile) which is caused by being on too many antibiotics. They started her on Pro-Biotics this morning at 5:00 am. Should be better in 48 - 72 hours. All blood cultures are negative, so no blood infection.

Brady is doing great, but they are checking him for the same thing Karissa has, so far he is good. Then we were informed at 4:00 pm that all the babies in the NICU have possibly been exposed to the SWINE FLU VIRUS. A respiratory therapist treated a patient at another hospital and found out later that the patient had SWINE FLU. So, the CDC said the NICU docs should go ahead and treat all the babies as well as the staff in the NICU.

Thank you for all your continued prayers.

Dave

3 comments:

  1. That is really good to how about Krissy, please send her our love.

    As for the NICU and the Swine Flu, wow, that is all I have to say. They have been really great with Brady, so I am sure they will do everything they possibly can to protect him and all the other angels he's shares the NICU with.

    Love you all, Joey and Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Krissy I am thinking about her and little Brady every day and will say a pray for both of them. I hope she will be feeling better soon. I know how badly she wants to hold her precious baby. I am so glad there is no blood infection and I know both of them are in the best of care.
    I love you guys,
    Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krissy and little Brady are still in my prayers:)Glad they know what is going on with Krissy, now they can fix it and she will be holding that baby in no time:)

    ReplyDelete