Sunday, June 14, 2009

27 Weeks (Gestational Age)



Brady had a great day yesterday and today. At 11:00am yesterday, Brady was taken off the oxygen cannula. He is now breathing on his own and doing well. The photo above was taken yesterday 6/13/09. I was so excited to see him with nothing over his little face or in his tiny little nose. He looks much better and more comfortable. It made me sad thinking about how uncomfortable all those tubes were, but I know he needed them. I pray he continues to do well breathing on his own.
Today, Brady is 27 weeks (gestational age). His nurse told us he has been maintaining good levels for renal function so they have stopped the medication for the Metabolic Acidosis. He will have the IV in his left hand removed in the next couple days...as long as he continues to maintain those levels.
Thank you all for your continued prayers.
Karissa

6 comments:

  1. Praise God!! It's so wonderful to read such great updates! Love you!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day brings better and better news, I know you are so grateful and we will continue to pray for milestones no matter how small! We just want you guys to kow we are only a phone call away and will come and help with anything you need - I love you and miss you and can't wait to talk soon! BIG HUGS !! Khristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank the Lord! This is great news... Brady is fighting hard so he can come home with Mommy and Daddy as soon as possible. What a lucky baby to be surrounded by family, friends, and nurses that love him! Delaney was amazing this weekend - I am so proud of how far she has come this year! Love you, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get so excited everyday to pull this blog up and see how my nephew is doing...he is so beautiful Krissy and he looks so content in this picture...I can't wait to see him again...All our Love and prayers are with you guys. I hope to get to Greensboro later this week to see him..I love you and miss you guys so much!
    Nani

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that he is doing better every single day. He does look so much more comfortable in this picture. He is a very precious baby and so lucky to have such a wonderful mama and daddy! I miss you guys and will say another prayer for him!
    Love, Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karissa & David
    there is nothing like the power of prayer. So happy to hear that Brady is doing well. We are all thinking about you and wishing you good days ahead.
    God Bless.
    The Puller Place Staff and Bob's wife Dee
    you are in our prayers daily...

    ReplyDelete