Sunday, June 7, 2009

Holding Our Baby Boy

Brady Ashton is 26 weeks (gestational age). The doctor's and nurses will refer to his age as if he were still in the womb. He weighs 1 lb. 13 oz.
Today, Dave and I were able to hold Brady for 30 minutes each. I can't believe how little he is...his entire bottom fit in my hand and I have small hands. Brady did great the entire time we were holding him. He only became a bit fussy the last 5 minutes Dave was holding him. His little cries aren't loud at all. It is hard to hear them. The nurse put him back in his bed on his side and he was still a bit wound up so Dave put his hand on Brady's head and I put my hand on Brady's bottom and patted with my index finger. He was calm in about 2 or 3 minutes and resting peacefully. So precious.
Daddy made sure he was wrapped in style with his Tarheel Blankie. The nurses made sure his hat matched his blanket...LOL! They are so sweet:)
Brady had a great day today. If he does well overnight, I will be able to hold him again tomorrow:)
We have posted photos below.
Karissa

8 comments:

  1. AWESOME! there is no other word to describe the news you have posted, I am so thrilled for you!! Please know that I love you and continue to pray, I know you are overwhelmed right now but when you get a chance please call me
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karissa and Dave
    I am so glad you were able to hold this precious gift!I am sure you were crying your eyes out during this special time. I know I have tears in my eyes now just seeing that baby in your arms. What a difference in just one short week. Our God is an Awesome GOD!!!!!
    Karissa hope you are feeling better. Please call me after you see the doctor . Love ya all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! I am crying just looking at these pictures. I cannot imagine the joy you felt holding Brady in your arms - finally! He is so precious. I am so happy to hear good news again - Karissa, I hope you get to feeling some better, too. Love you guys! Lauren & Justin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! It must have been such joy to hold Brady. That is good stuff.

    Danise

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures brought tears to my eyes...I wish i could be there. I am so happy you have finally been able to hold him, i can't imagine how that must feel. All my love!
    Nani

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!- JOAN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you finally got to hold your little baby Brady! The pictures brought tears to my eyes. I can hardly wait to see everyone. Love, Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete