Friday, June 26, 2009

4 Weeks Old

Today, Brady is 4 weeks old. I can hardly believe a month has gone by since the night he was born. I think back and it is hard for me not to cry because everything happened so quickly and it was very scary. Definitely not how one imagines and plans for the birth of their baby. I feel sad sometimes because I would have had such a close bond with my baby by now like I did with David and Delaney, but the circumstances are too difficult for Brady and I to have that just yet. We will though...we just need some time and patience:) He seems to know my voice and responds to me when he is awake and looking at me. I just want to hold him all day every day:)
Brady weighed 2 lbs. 3 oz. this afternoon. He received his last dose of Tamiflu today and the doctors are confident that none of the babies in the NICU have been infected by the Swine Flu. This evening, Dave and I spoke with Dr. Wimmer (the neonatologist that took care of Brady the first night) and we asked him how he thought Brady was doing. He told us Brady is doing great and he explained a few other things going on with Brady that have been hard for us to understand. We felt a lot better after speaking with him. This is truly a long and difficult road...we still have a very long way to go. Please continue to pray for Brady...we really are grateful to all our family and friends.
Karissa

4 comments:

  1. It is so hard to believe that he is already getting ready to turn 1 month old!!!  He is living proof that miracles do happen.  I know the road ahead is still long, however look how far he has come in such a small amount of time.  It won't be long and you will be holding him all day everyday! We will continue to keep him in our prayers!  love and prayers...April and Kennady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe a month has passed. It's such a blessing to read the updates on Brady and to see God's power, you truly are blessed. We love you guys and continue to pray for each of you. When you get a chance please give me a call.
    With love and continued prayer, Angela, Jody, Alexis, Brandon and Austin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear how well Brady is doing. I can't believe it has already been a month. I'm sure that Brady will develop a special and close bond with both mommie and daddy very soon. I will say a special prayer for him.
    Love...Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shared with my sunday school class today about what was going on. You have us in Chambersburg here praying for you and your wonderful family.
    Thank you so much for keeping us up to date. I'm sure it takes alot out of you and everyone appreicates the news. Keep looking to the Lord, He will guide you through.
    Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete