Friday, June 5, 2009

Bath and Food Today!

Brady had another good day:) He was taken off the bilirubin light again. The doctor was having to sedate him to get him to calm down because he is very strong willed and the bright light makes all preemie babies tense. He gets so mad when the doctors and nurses mess with him. Today, after they took the light away and covered his bed, he was able to soothe himself to sleep. The nurse gave him a sponge bath and cleaned him up a bit. He looks so cute...blonde wavy hair...not sure where that comes from??? He got his first few drops of breast milk too. He looked so content when we left him this evening. It was hard for me to be there today because I am still running a low grade fever and couldn't touch my baby.
My doctor put me on another antibiotic for the next 7 days. I pray this one works!
Thank you all again for your comments and prayers. I know God is listening and He is with my precious Brady--watching over him.
Karissa

2 comments:

  1. So great to hear Brady is doing well, I never doubted him, he has a strong, loving family!! I hope you get to feeling better, know that we love you guys and continue to pray for you all.
    Angela, Jody, Alexis, Brandon and Austin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear how great Brady is doing each day. He is such a fighter - don't know where he gets it. I know a special angel is watching over him too! I love all of you very much. Love, Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete