Thursday, June 11, 2009

Brady had a good day yesterday and today. I apologize if I miss posting a day here or there.
Brady does have a slight issue with his kidney function due to their immaturity. This is to be expected. The doctor called it Metabolic Acidosis. They are giving him a medication to assist his kidney function and it is helping...bringing his numbers back to normal. I pray that all his organs will be able to function normally as he grows and with time.
I was able to hold Brady again today. I do worry about getting him out of his protective bed. I don't want to expose him to unnecessary germs or cause him to use too much of his energy. He needs to focus all his energy on breathing and growing. It is going to be so difficult. I want what is best for Brady, so I will continue following the nurses advice on whether or not to hold him. The staff in the NICU at The Women's Hospital are incredible. They are all so friendly and sensitive to us and to each family and their particular situation. It is very comforting and helpful.

5 comments:

  1. Keep the faith girly, for God is Good!
    Love you, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's a tough balance between making sure Brady feels his mother's love and keeping him safe and germ free as if he were in the womb. My prayers continue for you and your family. Brady is beautiful and I look forward to hearing good news as often as you feel up to it. Hope you are recovering well from your c-section. Mine was April 17th and it seems like this second one took a little longer to get past. Keep taking care of yourself! Pam Miles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for updating when you have time. Brady looks like he is doing great and we continue to pray for him. Huggzz, Linda and Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying and missing you guys, Keep doing what your doing - Being a GREAT Mommy! XO Khristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious baby! I love the pictures and am so glad Brady is doing so well and I look forward to your updates. Take care of yourself and I will talk to you soon.
    Love, Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete