Friday, June 12, 2009

Brady is 2 weeks old. He was very alert today...just looking at me while I talked to him and held his binky. He loves that binky:) It is amazing to watch him move around and lift his tiny head to turn it toward my voice. It takes him several tries, but he doesn't give up. The nurse came over to change his diaper and just as she finished...he made another dirty diaper...LOL! She asked me if I wanted to change him. I was scared, but I did it and it was the best part of my day. The more contact I have with him, the more I feel we are bonding in spite of the circumstances. It breaks my heart to leave him each day:(
Brady gained an ounce from the day before so he is back up to 1 lb. 13 oz. The doctor also increased his feedings to 1 ml of breastmilk per hour. This, along with the dirty diapers, is good news because it means his digestive system is working well.
We are thankful for all our family and friends who are praying for Brady and sending daily messages letting us know you continue to pray. Thank you! Special thanks to Misty & Rena for coming to help us out with the kids, etc. We are very grateful to all our friends who have been able to help and to those who have offered their help. We couldn't have asked for so much support and so many wonderful friends.
We are truly blessed.
Karissa

6 comments:

  1. I love reading all the positive posts! You go Brady!!! I love you all and will continue to hold you close in love, thoughts and prayers!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! 2 weeks is a great milestone. You have bonded Karissa...it was the same for me when Catherine was in NICU...hard but it all worked out in the end. Our continuous thoughts and prayers are with you and Brady.
    Huggzz, Linda and Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great news! I look forward to your posts and love to hear how well Brady is doing. I am thinking of all of you each day and say a special prayer for him. I love you so much and can't wait to see everyone and my new great nephew!
    Love, Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet that he turns his head when he hears your voice. We are so glad that you all are doing well. It brings back memories from when Blake was born. My heart and prayers are with you all daily. Love, Monica and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has become such apart of my day to read and see how Brady is doing. Glad to read such good news.
    Much love,
    The Peele Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go big boy!! We continue to send our love and best wishes for your daily milestones!! Great things come in small packages!
    The Pearsons

    ReplyDelete