Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rough Night

Brady had a rough night last night. The nurse practitioner spoke with Dave this morning because Brady had several apnea episodes last night. Apnea is very common in preemies, but he was doing so well that it made them think something wasn't right. They put Brady back on the oxygen cannula, did a chest x-ray to check out his lungs, etc., and took some blood. On the x-ray, the doctor was able to see that his feeding tube had become displaced and was causing some reflux which can cause apnea and he had a little fluid in his lungs which could have been caused by the displaced feeding tube. Also, Brady's blood count was a little low so they needed to give him some blood. I was so worried and upset. It makes it even harder when I can't touch him or hold him. This is very frustrating. Dave & I went to see Brady after they finished making all the adjustments and doing his transfusion. He looked better than he did yesterday. I thought he looked a little pale the day before. His day nurse spoke with the doctor while we were there and was able to get Brady back on breastmilk. I feel better about that at least.

I just spoke with his nighttime nurse a few minutes ago and she said he is doing well. He is almost to his maximum feeding amount before they begin a scheduled feeding regimen:) Brady weighed 2 lbs. today.

We appreciate all the love and support of our friends and family. God Bless!
Karissa

5 comments:

  1. I just prayed that God would continue to heal Brady and that the doctors and nurses will continue to provide the best medical care he can receive. I also prayed that God would heal Krissy and bring some peace and calm to her and to the family. I can't imagine the constant worry and panic that must go through your hearts and minds. Know that you are loved and prayed for so often by so many people. It has been a blessing to me to continue to be a part of this journey with you. God will see you through it and you will be stronger for it. Pam (Reaves) Miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iam so sorry to hear about all this.  I can only imagine as a parent how hard this whole journey is for you guys.  This is just a "bump" in the road, I have no doubts with all the love and prayers that Brady will get right past this.  Remember you guys have so many people constantly thinking about you and praying for you.  He is such a little fighter and you know that.  Continue to take care of yourself Karissa.  Thank you once again for this blog without it I think I would worry myself crazy about you guys!  all our love and prayers!!!...April and Kennady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how hard this must be for you and Dave, but he is in the best of hands and they are taking such good care of him. Try to take it one day at a time and before you know it this will all be behind you. I love you guys and pray for little Brady every day!! Give David Jr and Delaney my love and I will see all of you very soon...Love, Aunt Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys - Please tell Dave I said Happy Fathers Day. What a blessing to have Brady doing so well, I am so glad that you are feeling better too! Miss you and can't wait to chat, Love you all ( squeeze my Laner for me) Khristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Barr Family, Just returned from being out of town and was checking up on your blog. So sorry to hear about the set backs however always maintain your Faith above all! God is listening and he will continue to answer all prayers. We love you guys and will continue to pray! I miss talking with you Karissa however I know you are overwhelmed I am here still waiting for you whenever you need me, just call! We love you guys to the moon and back! Happy Father's Day Dave!
    Jody, Angela, Alexis, B and Austin

    ReplyDelete